Pic and story via The Coolhunter.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Pic and story via The Coolhunter.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Cest Noel via This Is Glamorous.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
A meloncholy song for a meloncholy morning.
Nope. Not Christmas music this time. Just a song that reminds me of an old friend that I haven't heard from in a long, long time. Funny how the holidays tend to make you remember.
On a brighter note, I am tingling with excitement for tomorrow. Although I have to work in the morning (boo), I can't wait for fesitivities with C's family and midnight mass. Have I mentioned that I love this time of year? Today, with its cold drizzly fog, feels like the perfect day to cozy up with some cocoa (spiked?) and finish wrapping presents.
Santa comes on Thursday. Are you ready?
Monday, December 22, 2008
Enjoy the archive diving!
Photos via Eddie Ross.
I will be across the country in North Carolina with family and the bf and good friends. Doesn't get better than that. What are you doing New Year's Eve?
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I pray that her husband and family can find a sense of peace knowing that she is no longer suffering from cancer. I pray that they know that there are people out there who remember Amelia as a kind, fiercly smart, slightly sarcastic and ever loyal woman with a heart of gold. I pray that we can be reminded that life is short and we should live it to the fullest while we can.
God rest your soul, Amelia.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
This homemade photobooth on Inchmark would fulfill one of my goofy Christmas wishes. I really want a few silly strips of me and C to add to my inspiration board. (Is that really so much to ask?) I will need to work on this when we take our road trip across America in a few weeks. In the meantime, if I had half the creativity Brooke has in her little finger, I would attempt to rig one of these up. Until then, I will keep on wishing for a photobooth run-in.
Oh how I love estate sale finds. Red Military Dress Coat from etsy vintage seller Good Grace.
Either one could easily be topped off with one of these bad boys. Love it.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Pic via The Bridal Wishlist, via Parklife Press.
2. I posted awhile back about my search for the perfect orange bridemaid shoes and I requested that all of you lovelies help me out. Well the lovely Anne from Perfect Bound came through for me! And boy did she ever! She scoured the net for me, and here is the compilation of beauties she found.
From top left: Nine West Women's Juliarae Sandal; $80 but only in a 10, Nine West Women's Argent Slingback Sandal; $24, Boutique 9 Women's Camryn2 Slingback Sandal; $36, Nine West Women's Korisa Sandal; $24
From bottom left: Nine West Women's Michoman Pump; $24, Nine West Women's Luxious Pump; $30, Nine West Women's Solelyn Slingback Sandal; $24, Charles David Women's Trifle Sandal; $58 and VIVIAN-LS in burnt orange from Nina Shoes; $89
Thank you Anne for all of the ideas and for all of you lovely comments on my posts. I am so excited to have a new reader! Pic and shoe descriptions via Anne from Perfect Bound, a great inspiration blog you should visit. Seriously.
3. I am participating in two holiday blog swaps this year. The first is The Gift Exchange hosted by Stacy from one of my favorite daily reads, La Boudoir. I have mailed that package off to a lovely lady in Chicago. Once I am sure she has received it, I will post pics of what I sent. I am excited to receive a package sometime soon!
The second is The Great 2008 Greedy Girl Calendar Swap hosted by Caroline at Greedy Girl. The rules are that the calendar has to be unique and lovely and cost $20-25. I won't ruin the surprise and say what I ordered, but I think it is good. Caroline paired me up with Erin from the uber-fabulous Apartment #34. I can't wait to mail off her gift and to see what she got me. Also, at the end of the swap, we are all supposed to upload pics of our goodies to Flickr. It will be neat to see what everyone came up with.
Pics from La Boudoir and Greedy Girl.
4. Finally, I just want to mention how much I love when all of you dear readers comment on my posts. So thanks! Most days I feel like I am writing to myself, which I think is probably the equivalent of talking to myself, which probably isn't very cool. So, please help me be cool and comment when you stop by. I love to know who actually visits my little blog, and if you blog, I would love to read it!
Umbrella for Two via Once Wed.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
A GG study in questions (some if which may be best left unanswered):
2. Why do Little J's hair AND wardrobe people hate her so much? This "couture" clutch reminds me of those big plastic diaper pins that people attach to those clever baby shower cakes made out of Pampers.
6. Could it be? Is Blair really warming up to Mr. Hall (from Clueless, duh)? I loved her tears in this scene. Very dramatic.
9. Who told Rufus that this tight man turtleneck was attractive? Eww.
10. Don't you love it? Why do Blair and Chuck seem like the most grown up people on the show when they are supposed to be 17-18? Who cares, I love them.
Bonus Question: On a scale of 1-10, how psyched were you that you didn't have to see Vanessa at all in this ep? Oh an 11, you say? Me too.
All craptastic cell pics via me.
P.S. White Lightning did a hilariously good post on this too.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Happy Friday. Have a wonderful weekend lovelies!
Alexader Wang S/S 08 via style.com.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard via the Fug Girls.
I will take one of these hats for Christmas, please! Epic fur hat via Coco + Kelley.
P.S. It is pretty obvious I have a thing for scarves. When I went on our family cruise to Alaska, I took 9 for 6 days. And that wasn't even 1/3 of the number that I own. Whoops!
P.P.S. Did you notice that all of these lovelies, with the exception of Coco, have really great bangs? Have I mentioned that I am into bangs too?
P.P.P.S. I saw the cute ruffley gray coat from the third picture on sale at Anthro the last time I was there. Maybe you need it?
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
A little bitty bit of poetry I came up with while shopping for angels from the Salvation Army Angel Tree. I plan to use it on all my gift tags this year.
Pic and juicy gossip tidbit via NYMag.