Wednesday, January 7, 2009

rainy day shoes

While on our roadtrip in NC, we did a little shopping/sight seeing in a small mountain town off of the gorgeous Blue Ridge Parkway, Blowing Rock. One of the little stores, Clover, had the most gorgeous, well-edited selection of pretties. The store carries dresses, blouses, jeans and some accessories including the most amahzing plaid Hunter wellies. I have searched the internets high and low with no success, but the ones below from Amazon are close (minus the checked pattern of the fabric).

I couldn't (and still can't) justify the $140 price tag since my only interaction with the rain is to stand in it ever so briefly every once in awhile when taking the dog out, but I love them anyway.

On a related note, these Frye Vienna flat boots are pretty stellar too.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

LOVE those Frye boots!

T-Bonz said...

I was against overpriced Wellies, but my Hunter Boots have changed my life. But in rains in NY like the world is ending almost every other day. Plus, I bought the nifty fleece socks to wear inside them.

But we also have to walk everywhere...so I say if you are going to go big, go Frye. Those are pretty sweet.