Monday, November 24, 2008

resolution


Last night C & I had dinner with a group of friends including a couple that we don't get to see often enough. I will call them the W's. So last night, the W's challenged me and C (as they tend to do) by asking lots of probing and thought provoking questions, and one of the things Mrs. W said really resonated with me. She offered this advice:

"A leader's biggest failure is never in leading others, but in leading himself. You need to know who you are before you can know what you are meant to do."

She and Mr. W also encouraged us to really listen for our calling. So, as an early New Year's resolution, I am going to stop thinking and start listening. Wish me luck!


(P.S. You can read other inspiring early resolutions, like the one above, at New Resolution.)

No comments: